Thursday 28 August 2014

Thoughts on arrival

So after a very long time in transet from heathrow to Joburg, Joburg to Gabarone & Gabarone to Maun we are finally here. Its still a very surreal experience and I still cant quite comprehend that I will be here for a year. Stepping off the plane in maun the heat hit us like a punch in the face, 35 degrees and this is only the start! Its only going to go up from here.

We spent our first night in a local backpackers called 'The Old Bridge'. A very beautiful place, right on the water, admire the view;



For our first day in botswana we spent are time collecting supplys for the school, tomorrow we head to shkawee and onto our project, I'm overly excited to throw myself into the Project and help in anyway I can. It is doughtful whether I will post again in the coming weeks but I'll try keep this as updated as possible. 

Until the next time, boroko (goodnight) ✌️




No comments:

Post a Comment