Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hopes and fears

So the day has come, after many hours of worry over whether or not i'd make it this far I am finally sat in the airport waiting to depart. It has been a very surreal experience to say the least and I still can't quite believe it is finally happening.

This is the first of hopefully many blog posts so please bare with me as I settle in. As much as I wish to keep everyone posted with regular updates they may come few and far between due to the level of technology that will exist around me. 

For our Project me and my partner Tim will be stationed amidst the Okovango delta in Botswana working in a boys home named 'bana ba metsi' (translation; children of the river). In the mornings we will be teaching primary level subjects such as Science and Maths to boys aged between 13 and 20. Many of the boys have a poor grasp of education whether it be due to family circumstances or the lack of availability in their area. In the afternoons we will be involved a range of activitys such as swimming, movie nights and basic construction. 

For now this is where I will sign off, I will keep you posted with more details as and when I discover them. Also a final thankyou to all those who have helped me to reach this point, whether it be through extremely generous donations or helping me organsie events, I couldnt of done it without all of you.

Hopefully by the next time I post I will know how to say goodbye in Setswana, you can't have a good blog without a corny sign off. 

But for now, 

Peace out ✌️

Follow me on instagram for photos; @alexdobson_



This is a personal blog written by; Alex Howard-Dobson. The veiws expressed within it are those of the writer and not of Project Trust.

I give my express permission to all those that read this blog to use any of the content posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment