Thursday 16 October 2014

One month in..

27/09/2014

As of today I have officially been in Botswana for one month, if I didnt have access to a calendar I dont think I'd believe it.The time has flown past in a haze of activity, most of which we have thoroughly enjoyed. As the time goes on we are slowly falling into the routine of BBM, teaching in the mornings, manual in the afternoon, with an mixture of sporting activitys inbetween. For those interested I have attached a photo of the classroom timetable and menu;




Its also slowly starting to heat up, which has its positives and negatives. The negatives being that its nearly 40 degrees and I'm ginger. The positives being how the plants are starting to come to life and that I'm treated to views like this every time I drive from the school;
(Unfortunetly now that I have wifi to post this I actually yet had time to take a picture of the view, if im driving its because of work and not play! Picture to come soon)

If you have been following my blog posts you'll already know most of what I have been doing, however I can now also tell you that I am friends with a model. While we we're at a bar in Maun on our rest days one of the German volunteers got talking to a girl currently trying to kickstart her fashion business by hosting a cat walk event this weekend. She thought it would be a great idea to 'add some colour' (direct quote) to her show as in Botswana, pale skin looks "exotic". With a little peer pressure from the staff at BBM (but not as much as you'd think) Our German friend agreed to participate, pictures to follow...

Jokes aside, and there have been a lot, it turns out that this was a great chance to do some publicity work for the school. Part of the deal was that Bana Ba Metsi's very own celebrity gets to give a quick speech to the spectators at the event about our Project, it seems everyone is a winner. 



Until the next time , ✌️

No comments:

Post a Comment